How to enable emergency SOS in iPhone & Android
Emergency SOS lets you call the emergency services from the comfort of your home, so it’s important to know how to find and enable Emergency SOS on your phone.
iPhone and Android phones come equipped with a location services feature that enables them to locate your current position or emergency responders without any instruction from you. The emergency SOS feature lets you quickly send a distress signal by pressing the power button 5 times in succession. It’s a fantastic feature, but many iPhone and Android users don’t know how to turn it on.
Configure your smartphone to enable the Emergency SOS feature. In case of an emergency, press the power button five times quickly to see a screen. Select options to make an emergency call if necessary.
There are limitless motives for many of us to be extra careful while we step out these days, hence, people are coming across the under-the-radar safety features available into Apple’s iPhone in addition to a slew of Android devices.
Enable the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone or Android phone to make emergency calls using the power button on iPhone or Android devices.
This article describes how to enable “Emergency SOS” on both iPhones and Android phones. “Emergency SOS” allows you to make emergency calls when pressing the power button 5 times in quick succession.
Enable Emergency SOS
The points mentioned below will explain how to enable Emergency SOS on your iPhone or Android phone.
If you have an iPhone
Newer iPhones, any version after the iPhone 8, comes with Emergency SOS features. All you have to do is:
- Press and hold the screen lock button along with any of the volume keys.
- An Emergency SOS slider appears.
- Alternatively, click on the phone’s screen lock button 5 times continuously
- This initiates the siren and calls 911.
Make sure all these features are enabled in Settings, under “Emergency SOS”.
For more information here
If you have an Android phone
The setting for Android devices is completely different. Here, the Emergency SOS doesn’t make a call on 911 for you, instead, the phone captures photographs and audio, which generates a text message and sends them to four people to the maximum, which should be designated by the user. All these settings are to be done initially in order to make the SOS work at the right time.
Go to your settings menu
- Click the “Privacy and safety”
- Select the “Send SOS messages”
- Move on the top of the screen to “On”
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
To add emergency contacts
- Add at least four contacts.
- Tap “Done”
- Click back” on the top of the screen.
- Choose whether to include photographs and audio clippings when the SOS is activated.
To activate the feature
- Press the power button thrice.
- The phone takes pictures with front and rear cameras and records audio clipping.
- Further, these photographs and audio clipping will be sent with a map of the current location along with a text message “I need help”.
This happens only If you have selected the option to send photos and audio, and also added contacts.
Find more information here
Simply share your location with a friend or loved one by enabling the Emergency SOS service and they can see your real-time location on a map, call you from the emergency screen, and most importantly administer emergency help from the lock screen with one tap. This ‘SOS’ helps you with helpful tips and tools.
You may also like – Which is the Best – WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal